Please note, the final two home high school swim meets of the season occur this week at Northern Lights YMCA Dickinson Center. The meets are set for Tuesday, Jan. 28 and Thursday, Jan. 30. Plan your visits accordingly, as the facility tends to be crowded during swim meets. Pool/Sauna is closed from 3 to 6 p.m. during meet days. Thank you. ... See MoreSee Less
This is great! It’s a shame you don’t do this for DCHS also
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model. Completes related reports as required.
3. Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
5. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
6. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
7. Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
8. Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
All shifts available, but more hours available for early-morning and mid-morning coverage. ... See MoreSee Less